1. It's been a week of glorious warm sunshine. Maybe a bit too warm at times, but I won't complain. Not much. I spent time with little ones this week, on two separate days. Little Miss S here is waving her pinwheel with great enthusiasm. I get such joy from watching my grandchildren interact with the world. Bugs, water, grass, sticks, rocks - everything is interesting and an avenue for imagination.
2. Yesterday afternoon I walked through the Horticultural Garden of the Pacific with Miss A, her mother, and her little brother. I haven't been there in years and was surprised to see all the development. Another visit will be on my calendar. This garden has lots of fun areas to keep little ones engaged. A play house decorated with toy bugs and other creatures was a big hit. She and I sat down at the little table inside and had a tea party with shell dishes.
3. The lilies were astounding. Huge flowers growing tall, tall, tall. Richly fragrant. Gorgeously coloured.
4. What I've been reading. I found the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear in the library on a recommendation from another blogger and I whipped through 8 of the 9 books in the space of two weeks. Easy summer reading. Maisie isn't as compelling a protagonist as others I've read, but the books were light while still providing enough interest to keep me wanting the next one. The only one I have not yet read is, ironically, the first in the series. I'll put it on order from the library.
5. While I was reading, the zucchini started producing. Penny of The Comforts of Home posted three great zucchini recipes. I'll be starting with the Farmer's Market Salad with Tomato Basil Vinaigrette. Doesn't that sound delicious?
And just a reminder that you have a few more days to enter the giveaway for a beautiful wooden watch. Just click over to comment on this post.
Plans for the weekend include a short boat ride on Saturday and lots of puttering around the house. How about you?