1. It's been like a zoo around here this week. I don't know why but I've felt a little bit behind the 8-ball. Lots of issues percolating through my mind - family stuff, vacation planning, projects. Tim was sick for a couple of days - a nasty gastro virus that laid him flat for a day and a half.
2. I'm not fond of orange (sorry, Vee) but the day lilies are in bloom. They are slated for removal to a distant corner but that hasn't happened yet. And they are beautiful. I'm trying to appreciate them more.
3. Things are looking brighter indoors since yesterday. A fine young university student stopped by asking if he could wash my windows for me.
"Why, yes," I said. Then I ran around upstairs and down, wiggling screens out of windows and washing window frames. Then I decided that since the outsides were so clean, the insides could benefit from a wash, too. Then I realized the ridiculousness of putting dirty screens back into clean windows, so I hauled them all out to the back lawn and went over them with a brush and a hose. I was exhausted. But things are much brighter today! Hooray for clean windows.
4. Hydrangea. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I captured this blossom still covered with morning dew. Does anyone not love hydrangeas? If you don't, don't tell me. My ideal mixed bouquet would hold hydrangeas, white roses, and ferns.
5. I'm writing this on Friday, but it will post Saturday. This morning I'll be hopping on a bus to go downtown for an eye exam. My eyes will be dilated so I can't drive. Eldest daughter will pick me up and bring me home. I'm not looking forward to this appointment. There's nothing the matter, but I find glasses extremely frustrating. ...... I started out with a long complaining description of the frustration, but luckily for you, I deleted it all.
We're looking forward to superb summer weather this weekend (as it has been all week) and I hope you are enjoying the same. Summer's too short to be on the computer over the weekend, so I'll check in with you all on Sunday evening or Monday.